I bough this OSCar monosynth off a dealer in 2016. It came with an original manual and was in pretty good shape.

The keys are a bit yellowed, from UV damage I suppose. This seems to be an issue with some old synths. So I am experimenting with improving the colour using 12% hydrogen peroxide hair bleach.

I paid quite a bit for this synth and I love the industrial look of it. I feel that I really need to wear a rubber gimp suit to fully appreciate it.

I will try on my old TR505 drum machine first. Below are some images of the synth




If one wants to send and receive sysex files to the OSCar then I have finally found a program that works well called

C6 Elektron. Both MIDI cables must be connected. Use INSERT, VOICE and SPACE to send patches to the program. Recieving sysex does not require any special setup on the OSCar

See the OSCar manual for more save options. Here's my OSCar sysex bank. Mostly factory and some sounds of my own.

I decided to dissemble the OSCar to have a nosey. The midi connector board was loose. So I fitted a couple of small screws to secure it.


Below are some images of the PCBs inside the synth. Socket SK2, the PCB interconnector can give bother. Many OSCar's have this removed and the boards hardwired together. Spot the bodgy capacitor top right. There's not much to this synth as far as components go. Quite a lot of 4000 logic. These can prove to be unreliable due to metal migration on these older die chips. The IC sockets are also prone to fail. The build quality of this synth is a bit ropey but I guess adds to the overall feel of the beast. The white 'chips' are actually resistor networks.

MIDI board



There was a bit of cosmetic damage to the rubber strips at the back. Quite a common OSCar issue I believe, probably caused by opening the case.

I decided to have a go at making it look a bit better with a bit of rubber, straightened and darkened with a marker pen